We’re Hiring an Operations Coordinator!
Date Posted: Monday July 23rd, 2018
Application Deadline: August 17th, 2018
Position Start Date: September 17th, 2018
BC Artscape is currently seeking an Operations Coordinator to join our team. In March 2018 we opened BC Artscape Sun Wah, a community cultural hub in Chinatown. BCA Sun Wah is BC’s largest cultural hub, providing affordable and secure work space for over 60 incredible artists and not-for-profit cultural and community organizations. The design, tenanting, and programming of BCA Sun Wah are a reflection of community needs and aspirations, understood through an intensive engagement process. BCA Sun Wah aspires to be a place to come together, a place for intergenerational and intercultural interaction, and a place that contributes to the existing vibrant cultural landscape in Chinatown.
We’re looking for an organized, resourceful, community focused person to manage the operations of our space. This is a one year contract position with a strong likelihood of being a permanent member of our team.
The Operation Coordinator’s work schedule is from 10:30AM-6:30PM Monday to Friday. Flexibility to work occasional evenings and/or weekends as needed is highly desirable
Reporting to the President, and working closely with our staff and partners, the Operations Coordinator’s main responsibilities are to:
· Act as the main point of contact for BCA tenants and visiting guests;
· Have knowledge and understanding of BCA Sun Wah mission and principles, tenant activities, services, and the surrounding community in order to confidently respond to inquiries regarding the building and neighbourhood
· Maintain BCA’s space within the building in a consistently safe, clean and attractive condition, including overseeing utilities, IT and security infrastructure, and scheduling external maintenance and janitorial vendors;
· Develop and update policies and systems for life and safety, shared kitchen use, waste management, key control, procurement, and other building systems policies as required;
· Act as the main point of contact for the building owner to resolve day-to-day issues, coordinate base building maintenance requests, and coordinate BCA systems and policies with base building policies.
· Manage the flex space bookings, including flex space maintenance, payment processing, access card distribution, and client requests;
· Develop and maintain a schedule of building systems and equipment maintenance;
· Develop and implement policies within operating budget parameters to support long-term capital maintenance and repair projects, including research into grant opportunities to offset costs;
· Collect and process tenant rent, parking, storage and other payments, including issuing and tracking invoices;
· Develop and update a Tenant Manual, and ensure tenants are informed about and abide by building rules and policies as outlined in the Tenant Manual;
· Develop and maintain tenant communication system;
· Program access cards and maintain a key schedule;
· Provide information and resources for tenant events to assist with events running smoothly;
· Coordinate tenant maintenance requests in a cost-effective and time sensitive manner;
· Oversee tenant improvement requests and approval process, and maintain detailed records of tenant improvements to suites;
· Coordinate tenant freight elevator requests and tenant move-in/out with building owner.
· Assist with operating budget preparation and reconciliation;
· Produce monthly reporting related to property operations and performance;
· Provide occasional support for after-hours building emergencies;
· Assist with website updates and newsletter preparation;
· Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
· Language requirements: excellent written and spoken English. Spoken Cantonese and written Chinese is highly desirable;
· Demonstrated interest in BC Artscape’s mission and values;
· Demonstrated interest in working collaboratively and proactively with our staff, tenants, community members, and the building owner to create a community asset through the arts in Chinatown;
· Demonstrated experience with property management and/or building operations;
· Demonstrated experience working with a diverse group of tenants, community groups and/or organizations;
· Strong organizational and time management skills that enable you to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing deadlines;
· Impeccable attention to detail fueled by a desire to create efficient property management and customer service systems;
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to provide outstanding support to our tenants and visiting guests.
· Familiarity with current health and safety practices and requirements is an asset;
· Facilities Management and/or Building Systems certification is an asset.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Please submit a PDF of your cover letter and resume via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place the week of August 27th 2018. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Applicants must be available for an interview in person.
Contract salary range is $38,000 to $42,000, commensurate with experience.