We are Hiring!
BC Artscape is currently seeking a bilingual Operations Manager to join our team. We’re opening a community cultural hub in Chinatown in the fall of this year. The space will include artist production, exhibition and administrative space for cultural organizations. We’re looking for a team member to prepare for and manage the operations of our space. We’re looking for an organized, community focused, resourceful person to join our team. This is a one year contract position with strong likelihood of being a permanent member of our team.
Reporting to the President, and working closely with our staff and partners, the Operations Manager’s main responsibilities are to:
Pre-Occupancy Tenant Coordination
- Act as the primary point of contact for our tenants
- Coordinate lease offers to tenants, including tracking of document status, answering questions, preparing documents for signature.
- Giving building tours
- Coordinate tenant improvement requests
- Coordinate move-in schedule
- Plan for and implement property management infrastructure to ensure smooth transition to operations, including utilities set up, perimeter access, security infrastructure.
- Plan for and implement booking system for shared flexible spaces
- Sources materials and furniture for common area
- Work with architecture/ construction manager team to coordinate systems to transition to occupancy.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with our tenants, the building owner, and the community to create a community asset through the arts in Chinatown
- Perform general administrative duties including collecting rents due from tenants.
- Respond to tenant issues and requests in a timely and effective manor
- Assist with budget preparation and reconciliations and managing the property budgets
- Produce monthly reporting related to property operations and performance
- Contract and oversee external security, maintenance and janitorial contractors
- Manage bookable flex spaces in the building
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
- Language requirements: excellent written and spoken English and spoken Cantonese (Mandarin and written Chinese an asset
- Demonstrated experience with property management and operations skills
- Demonstrated experience coordinating a diverse group of tenants and/or organizations
- Demonstrated interest in BC Artscape’s mission and values
- An ability to work independently and as an effective team member
- A passion for problem solving and working through complex issues to keep projects on track
- Strong time management and organizational skills to effectively prioritize and handle a large volume of work with multiple conflicting deadlines
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Wednesday June 28th at 5:00 p.m.
Please submit a PDF of your cover letter and resume via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place the week of July 4th, 2017.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.