We’re hiring an Operations Coordinator!
BC Artscape is currently seeking a Operations Coordinator to join our team! We’re opening a community cultural hub in Chinatown in March 2018. BC Artscape Sun Wah will be BC’s largest cultural hub, providing affordable and secure work space for over 55 incredible artists and not-for-profit cultural and community organizations. The design, tenanting, and programming of BCA Sun Wah are a reflection of community needs and aspirations, understood through an intensive engagement process. BCA Sun Wah will be a place to come together, a place for intergenerational and intercultural interaction, and a place that contributes to the existing vibrant cultural landscape in Chinatown.
We’re looking for an organized, resourceful, community focused person to prepare for and manage the operations of our space. This is a one year contract position with a strong likelihood of being a permanent member of our team.
The Operation Coordinator’s work schedule may vary and may include weekends and/or evenings. The Operation Coordinator may be required to be on call.
Reporting to the President, and working closely with our staff and partners, the Operations Coordinator’s main responsibilities are to:
Pre-Occupancy Systems and Tenant Coordination
- Oversee property management infrastructure to ensure smooth transition to operations, including tenant rent payment system, utilities set up, perimeter access and security infrastructure;
- Develop policies and systems for life and safety, shared kitchen use, waste management, key control, procurement, tenant maintenance requests, and other building systems policies as required;
- Work with the building owner to coordinate BC Artscape’s systems and policies with the building operations;
- Work with major anchor tenants to coordinate their systems and policies with BC Artscape systems and policies, and with the building owner’s building operations;
- Contract and oversee external security, maintenance and janitorial vendors;
- Work with architect and construction manager team to coordinate systems to transition to occupancy;
- Program access cards and maintain a key schedule;
- Coordinate tenant move-in schedule, in close collaboration with the Manager, Community Services;
- Act as the main point of contact for BC Artscape tenants;
- Maintain BC Artscape’s space in a consistently safe, clean and attractive condition, including managing and scheduling external maintenance and janitorial vendors for common area and flex space maintenance and waste removal;
- Assist with operating budget preparation and reconciliations, and manage the property budgets;
- Develop and implement policies within operating budget parameters to support long-term capital maintenance and repair projects, including research into grant opportunities to offset costs;
- Manage the bookable flex spaces in the building, in close collaboration with the Manager, Community Services;
- Coordinate tenant maintenance requests in a cost-effective and time sensitive manner;
- Oversee tenant improvement requests and approval process, and maintain detailed records of tenant improvements to suites;
- Coordinate tenant freight elevator requests with building owner;
- Produce monthly reporting related to property operations and performance;
- Provide occasional support for after-hours building emergencies;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
- Language requirements: excellent written and spoken English. Spoken Cantonese and written Chinese is highly desirable;
- Demonstrated interest in BC Artscape’s mission and values;
- Demonstrated interest in working collaboratively and proactively with our staff, tenants, community members, and the building owner to create a community asset through the arts in Chinatown;
- Demonstrated experience with property management and/or building operations;
- Demonstrated experience working with a diverse group of tenants, community groups and/or organizations;
- An ability to work independently and as an effective team member;
- Strong analytical skills and a passion for working through complex issues to keep projects on track;
- Strong time management and organizational skills to effectively prioritize and handle a large volume of work with multiple conflicting deadlines;
- Familiarity with current health and safety practices and requirements is an asset;
- Facilities Management and/or Building Systems certification is an asset.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Application Deadline: Friday, February 2nd, 5PM
Please submit a PDF of your cover letter and resume via email at email@example.com
Interviews will take place the week of February 5th, 2018. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Applicants must be available for an interview in person.
Contract salary range is $42,000 to $48,000, commensurate with experience.